Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The state of TV

The amount of television shows produced today is staggering. Sadly most of it is total crap, but amidst all the reality shows and failed sitcoms there are some true gems. I was watching some episodes of the Wire last night, 5th season. If you don't know about the Wire it's easily one of the best television shows ever made, you must check it out. But as I was watching I was amazed at how what is largely considered the show's worst season (too short and the most outlandish) it's still better than 99% of anything else you'll see on TV.


Here is a list a friend recently showed me of the best tv series of the past decade. Seems fitting as we start a new one, some big shoes to fill. I love all of these shows except for Lost, fuck that show.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-best-tv-series-of-the-00s,35256/

No comments:

Post a Comment