Saturday, February 5, 2011

Deerhoof report - live in Nashville 2/4/11

The Deerhoof show was awesome last night, I really do love them. This show was at the Mercy Lounge in Nashville, TN, and it was my 4th time seeing them over a period of 6 years. They've been doing their thing since the late 1990's now! I've seen them as a 3 piece and 4 piece band (which is what they were last night) and I definitely prefer the 4 member setup. They ripped for a solid 80 minutes of whimsical, feel-good indie rock. I didn't recognize a good bit of the material, most likely because a lot was off their new album Deerhoof vs. Evil which I immediately purchased on vinyl after the show.

Deerhoof has so much material under their belt only the most die-hard fans would know it all. Their latest album is their 11th, and craziest of all it was their biggest gap in new material from being their last album was released in 2008. They did still manage to play several of my favorite tunes off Milk Man and Apple O which are my two favorite albums. Their music is definitely not for everyone as it's weird and funky, but their energy and obvious enjoyment of what they do spreads throughout the crowd when they do play. Here are a couple of videos from the show that I took, and some more pictures below that:
















No comments:

Post a Comment